Thursday 18 April 2013

No Tests this week....

... and it feels kind of weird. It will be really weird when the last four appointments are finished and we sit and wait for someone to call and say, "There's a match." I must remind myself that it may not happen this round, but at this point, that is the only reality I am willing to face. I have had a good feeling about this from day 1. Perhaps that's simply because I know this is what I need and want to do, but also, I'm hoping, because it's going to happen!




After speaking with the psychiatrist and not being asked the questions I thought he would ask, I've been thinking more and more about those questions. I think this is the hardest part of the entire procedure. The tests are simple really, the only real discomfort has been going without coffee until 10:00 after being up at 5:00. That's really a mosquito bite in a world of dangerous insects. I'm even assuming that, yes, there will be some pain and a major slow down in activities for a little while when the surgery happens, but again, perhaps we are up to a bee sting?



What I have been finding stressful is the "what if's," or perhaps more "What if not's". I don't think there is a person out there who is ready or willing to face those questions. I am hoping there is never a need to, but I do think, for anyone who is going to be a part of this process, those are thoughts you should have, recognize and be ready for. My problem is moving past the recognize phase. I know there is no need to dwell on those issues, and simply think about the positive outcomes, but I think worry for my friend takes over.



I am going to work on thinking of only the positive outcomes for now, as I am a firm believer in not only mindfulness, but also in, "What you put out to the Universe is what comes back." Not that it would necessarily come back to me, just come back! Put out positive vibes and thoughts and good things happen around you! Let's hope that will happen. I ask everyone who is reading this to do the same!!




No comments:

Post a Comment